You business has been growing over the last few years and you have to admit that you have expanded your IT systems and processes to keep pace. Your staff give you monthly management and business information, surely that is enough?
OK so sometimes the information is not what you want and sometimes it is a little bit out of date – but that is always the case surely? You know that your competitors are also chasing the same customers that you are and some of them are more successful than you are. What can you do though?
Well, yes business is fast now-a-days, especially with social media, review sites and the need to have tip top service. You have a stack of data coming at you from your website, service department, banks, processing, suppliers etc. Getting up to date information from all of these areas is going to be a nightmare, which frankly I don’t have time for. That is not to mention the expense that a new software system will pose. That is even before you get to maintenance costs and the time it takes to get the reports out of the existing databases.
Well here is a secret that many of your competitors know about – BI Software. Many of them, especially from the bigger companies are easy to install, easy to manage and easy on the bank balance. They slot over the top of your existing databases then bury down into your information, grabbing just the information that you are seeking. Many of the BI software companies understand that managers who want this information are busy people, and often not very technically minded. So the front end, the bit that most managers are interested in, are intuitive, easy to configure and very responsive. You can have graphs, pie charts, diagrams and tables.
In competitive and difficult times, and this year is certainly testing, it is vital that business managers have a clear view of their company activities in order to make both strategic and financial decisions. BI software supports you in these endeavours.
Marketing, resourcing and your fulfilment processes have not been forgotten. Connect your BI software to the relevant databases and watch them find the appropriate information for you.
Your BI software package will drill down into the core information about your business. The data it produces and the answers to management and strategic questions it creates, will put your company well ahead of its rivals, especially those that do not know the BI secret.
There are many things that happen in the world of poker that changes the way that we look at the games as well as the way that we play the games. This happens from time to time and we can not stop the natural process that happens but there are also some events that can cause this to happen. One such event that has made us think differently about some gambling sites online includes the Poker Black Friday. This was an extensive event that has happened that has made several people think differently about playing poker online as well as making them actually scared to participate in certain websites events.
Even though it was not something that was done improperly or was considered illegal it has brought down some of the site gambling businesses. Poker Black Friday consisted of Department of Justices seizure on several website gambling sites as well as us poker sites. They have investigated these companies because they supposedly were breaking laws when running their websites. There have been a few seizures and a few companies brought in under charges. The Black Friday is creating a revolution in poker websites and will do so until they see that the business of running gambling websites meets their justice requirements and they would not stop until they see that every one of those gambling websites follow by their rules and regulations.
Even though these seizures have happened there is still a way for those individuals who want to play poker on a website to be able to continue playing on the internet. In order for them to play the safe way and not to see their favorite website being shut down they would want to make sure that they find a website that would follow the Department of Justices regulations against internet poker. By finding a website that follows these regulations a person would be able to enjoy the experience that is playing poker on a site.
When an individual is trying to find the perfect website online to gamble then they would want to make sure that they do their proper research so that they can find a website that would be legal to play under. A person would not want to deposit any money on a website just to have it taken away from them when the website shuts down. When researching to find a website you want to make sure that under your state and country regulations against gambling on the internet they should want to make sure that they are following the proper rules. If online gambling is not allowed in that area when money is exchanged on the internet then you would not want to sign up for a website that allows that. People make money online by gambling but in the end they would want to make sure that they are following the proper regulations. There are several web portals that have done this work for you. They have lists of US poker sites and what areas they accept players from. Most of these will even have reviews of the poker sites to show how reliable they are and the deposit and withdraw methods plus much more. Even with these sites, an individual should sure that they follow all the rules and the regulations.
Poker Black Friday might have revolutionized the way of gambling online but it also has shown us that there have been some companies in which have not been following all the proper regulations. Poker Black Friday should open their eyes of those companies so that they can change their websites to fit the regulations of the Department of Judgement.
Thoroughbred racing is not the only thing Saratoga Springs, NY is famous for. Presently, four nights a week there is a thunder of hooves and wheels amid the screams of drivers and cracking of whips, under the brilliant lights at Saratoga Gaming and Raceway. Since 1941, Saratoga Raceway has hosted live harness racing at their night track. It was among the first tracks in the U.S. to offer pari-mutuel wagering. Currently, racing is going on anywhere from three to five times a week (depending on the season), mostly year-round, usually consisting of thirteen fast-paced races.
Although no longer part of Grand Circuit racing, video lottery profits have enabled the racing plant to boost purses. Purses have climbed in the past few years from three million dollars more than triple that amount being projected in the upcoming racing seasons. Additionally, the track has replaced Grand Circuit races with local races: the Virginia O’Brien Pacing Series, and the Harold Story trotting series brought out the very best top local racers behind the starting gate this spring. Additionally, the raceway hosts New York’s finest Standardbreds by featuring New York Sire Stakes races from June through September.
From its inception, the ½ mile oval has been considered to be one of the loveliest tracks in the country. Recently, the track was professionally re-graded and resurfaced. This will hopefully enable horses from the 5th to 8th holes to better compete with horses on the inside. It may also allow for even faster times in the upcoming seasons. Perhaps a horse may soon come along who beats Horse of the Year Bunny Lake’s track record of 1:52.2.
But the track is not the only thing that has been improved upon lately. Since the advent of video lottery terminals in the new “racino,” the track grounds are continually being updated and upgraded to enhance their beauty. Flowers brighten not only the infield, but are profuse throughout the grounds. The infield also boasts two fountains and shrubbery in the forms of “Saratoga” and a horse head, and there’s still also a few of the traditional evergreens towering over the scene. Besides this, the track still has on its grounds its own Hall of Fame, which is an interesting tour of some of the best drivers and horses to grace the track over the years–from daring driver Stanley Dancer to the champion horse Albatross. Whether you are a race fan, horse lover or just want to learn more about the sport, this little gem is an excellent place to visit. It is located at the back of the grounds, next to the Jefferson Street entrance.
Saratoga Raceway is making a comeback, but the track still has a ways to go to regain some of its former glory. The raceway saw its heyday in the mid-1970’s, drawing huge crowds and the top Grand Circuit drivers. In 1984, the track introduced simulcasting to induce thoroughbred bettors to the harness races. Gradually though, with competition from outside simulcasting outlets–such as Off Track Betting, and other new age diversions, the raceway began winding down. At the time of this writing, the lower clubhouse and other areas related to racing have seen no significant renovations in many years–despite the millions being pumped into the adjoining casino.
For instance, the ladies lounge in the lower clubhouse remains unchanged since the 1970’s., and the overall décor–although recently re-touched with paint–also retains its same old tired character. The old outdoor betting windows on the north side of the track had been undergoing construction (now stalled), and for months have looked like something left over from Hurricane Katrina. Although the grounds staff is superb at what they do, there doesn’t seem to be enough of them to keep the paddock area as spiffy as it once was. Peeling paint and a general run-down appearance is what greets visitors to the north side of the track, giving the impression of a grand old dame that has fallen on hard times. Instead of a family area on paddock side of the grounds, there is now space for a beer tent.
Which highlights yet another problem: it is that the track is not as family friendly as it used to be. Sunday racing is a thing of the past, and matinees are only run on the occasional holiday that falls on a weekday, making it difficult for families to bring their children to the track. Family fun day’s, with tours of the backstretch and treats for the kiddies, seems to have been pushed aside in favor of the money adults are bringing in to the facility. In the past, one of the advantages of patronizing the lower clubhouse was that ladies and children were not readily exposed to coarse language, gross behavior and close encounters with obnoxious drunken louts. This is no longer the case–particularly in the bar area. The “F” word is heard with tiring frequency, as well as every other conceivable foul word in the book. Sometimes the gamblers get so noisy and rowdy, that it’s virtually impossible to hear yourself think. These days, there’s really no difference at all between crowds in the general grandstand and the clubhouse–or for that matter, the bar patrons in the clubhouse and the livestock in the backstretch. In other words, the old-time clubhouse standards of respectability and class are long gone. Apparently, with the withdrawal of admission fees, certain basic behavioral standards–which “guests” were expected to adhere to in the past–have also flown out the window.
One of the unfortunate side effects of a race track turned casino, may possibly be that management becomes more interested in the money people bring in, rather than creating a family/community friendly (and a simply more polite and respectable) atmosphere. Additionally, since the coming of the “racino,” the raceway no longer hosts equine-related charity events or other community events. Harness racing patrons cannot purchase racing-related gifts and souvenirs. No longer are there music festivals or craft fairs. Sadly, the impression many older track patrons and horsemen alike seem to hold, is that it’s all about the gambling now. Most of the money being pumped into the track for future investment seems to be pointed to the slot gamblers, with plans in the works to add a hot new trendy night club and an additional food outlet. But racing continues to bring out the die-hard fans, and the bigger and bigger purses being offered, and dedicated work by long-time staffers, are continuing to draw better horses and drivers–which means (to quote an old advertising slogan) that in the near future, perhaps once again at Saratoga Raceway, race fans will be saying: “harness racing is action!”
So you want to start coming first instead of last in club racing?
Well you have come to the right place! In this article you will learn how through just 4 simple tips you can improve your ranking in sailing to get third, second or even first place.
These tips are used so little by amateur racers that they always end up last and wondering why the same top few keep coming in the top positions for racing. The secrets of racing are revealed. Follow them and become a club sailing dinghy champion!
These 4 tips outline an entire race strategy that the pros use to come so high up in the rankings. In the next ten minutes prepare to delve into a world in which winning had become standard!
Tip Number One: The Start
Welcome to the race course sailor! The start is the most important part of any race and many novice sailors do not understand the significance of the start in relation to the rest of the race and this is where they go wrong.
The start is the single most important part of the race for most sailors as if they are only moderately skilled, a bad start will break them. Only very skilled and experienced sailors can claw back to the top from a bad start and if you are reading this article I am assuming you are not an extremely skilled or experienced sailors. I am expecting you to be quite good, but always coming between last and middle place. You want to get up there with the pros and start to get some wins under your belt.
Well look no further, the start is the most important part of the race.
Here is a list of strategies that you should use on the line if you want to have a good start and a potentially good race:
- Get a stop watch! – The number of people I have seen without stop watches on a race is appalling. No wonder it is so easy for the experienced sailors to get some lead over the more novice ones. All serious sailing racers need a stop watch in order to start on time and in the right place without being caught unawares
- Learn the Flag types – The flags are there to tell you what is going on in a race. So not knowing them is hardly going to help you understand what is going on in the race. It is highly advisable to find a good rulebook from your national sailing organization or the ISAF (International Sailing Federation) and learn all the flag types that will be shown at any given race. Preparation make Perfect!
- Learn where the marks are – If you are thinking of club racing regularly, then you should learn where the common marks that are used for racing actually are so that when the committee boat shows the marks you don’t have to glance at a map constantly during the race. This kind of preparation is essential for any serious racer.
- Do a Transit – This little known tactic is something that very few novice sailors know about and proves to be a very useful technique in order to have a good start. A transit is where you find put the boat between the committee boat and the pin buoy an look for a recognizable object on the other side of the pin. This tells you exactly where the starting line is and if there is a black flag shown, you will know whether you are over the line or not.
- Find out if there is a bias – A biased line is one in which a certain tack is favoured. For instance a port bias is a start in which a port tack is favoured. To find out if there is a port bias, a starboard bias or if it is square (no bias), you can do it accurately or roughly. Doing it accurately requires a compass. Go along your transit and note the compass bearing. Then add 90 degrees to that bearing and turn to that heading. If the boat tacks then the current tack is the favoured tack and the bias. If the boat doesn’t tack then the current tack is the favoured tack and the bias. If the boat goes head to wind then there is no bias and it is a square line. You can roughly do this by seeing if you are beating up one end of the line and broad reaching down the other end. If it is a square line then you should be beam reaching from one end to the other
- Starting Position – This is also highly important for competitive racing. If there is a bias then most of the boats will be there. If you don’t want to be in a scrum and get a rubbish start, then start slightly lower than the bias end or start on the opposite tack and then tack on to the biased tack after horn goes off. By doing this you will have your own unique heading and start. The worse thing you can do is follow somebody throughout the whole race, because whatever happens you will never win.
If you can master all or most of those tactics, then your starts will become better and better. Make sure that you go over the line on the horn and at full speed as well as using the above tips.
So now the boat has crossed the line. You are on the beat!
Tip Number Two: The Beat
This is the hardest point of sailing to master and this is also where the fleet spreads out with the well trimmed and faster boats at the front whilst the untrimmed and slower boats lag at the back.
A good beat can propel an okay or bad start to being in the top ten or top five position. Here are some great tactics to try and improve your position on the beat.
- Keep the boat flat! – Another incredibly common past time that I see on the race course is boats heeling constantly though out the race. This is terrible for boat speed as the sail is pulled away from the wind. Make sure that the boat is flat at all times. To actually achieve this make make sure boat crew members are hiking out of the boat in a comfortable position. If this doesn’t help then let out some main sail and pinch (go further up wind), this should bring down the heel. the moment this happens pull the main sheet back in so that when the boat is flat the mainsail is fully in. This has the effect of a massive pump on the boat, which causes a burst of acceleration. Continue to do this throughout the beat and you will find yourself overtaking everyone who is heeling constantly, greatly improving your position. You can also use the kicker and cunningham in especially high winds to depower the sail and keep the boat flat, but you must remember to remove the kicker and cunningham when the wind dies down or there is a lull.
- Sit forward in the boat – When the boat is not heeling your crew should be sitting on the centreboard and you should be sitting up against the shroud. Why? Because if you both sit back then the stern will act like a massive drag in the water causing the boat to slow down considerably. If you both sit forward the stern comes out of the water and the boat is no longer hampered by an extra dead weight in the water.
- Make sure that the slot is trimmed – This is a very unknown technique in sailing. The concept of the slot is very technical and is to do with the physics of sailing and aerodynamics, but here is a simplified version. The slot is the distance between the Genoa and the mainsail. If the slot is too small the airflow becomes constricted and the front bottom of the mainsail begins to luff. If the slot is too large the Genoa begins to luff. The slot must be trimmed correctly so that the Genoa is about one and a half inches off the leeward shroud so as to provide optimal airflow. This slot distance changes with wind speed so it must be constantly watched by the crew. This is something that only experienced sailors know about and so should be utilized against other sailors to improve your position and gain some ground on your opponent.
- Take lifts and avoid headers – Lifts and headers are where the wind changes direction. If the change is more to windward, it is called a lift and if the the change is more to leeward it is called a header. You should always take lifts and avoid headers by changing the boat’s direction. In a lift turn windward and in a header bear away. In big lifts you should always expect a large header, which could make you tack so be careful about overshooting and taking the lift too far. Lifts are useful by taking you more windward of your opponent, which means closer to the windward mark.
These techniques are rarely used by inexperienced sailors and if you use them you can climb to the top of the fleet in no time and no-one will understand how you optimized your sails or managed to go so fast.
Tip Number Three: Rounding Marks
In a typical course, there are three marks: the windward mark, the gybe mark and the leeward mark. Of course all courses will be more complicated than this, but all marks can be assigned one of these types.
There are some great rules you can utilize at marks in order to take the advantage when you reach the mark.
- The starboard rule – The starboard rule is the most important rule in sailing. It says that a port tack boat must giveaway to a starboard tack boat. This means that if you approach a mark on port and there is also a starboard boat coming towards it you must either tack or bear away a little. As you can see when approaching a mark it is always best to be on starboard and you must take this into account during your beat.
- The windward rule – The windward rule is also an important rule that states that a windward boat must keep clear of a leeward boat. This is very important at the windward mark, because it means that the leeward boat can push the windward boat further up in order for the leeward boat to go round the mark first. This only applies when the leeward boat’s bow or stern overlaps the windward boat’s bow or stern.
- The water rule – This is exclusively for mark rounding and states that the inside boat that has an overlap with in a certain number of boat lengths of the mark can call for water in which the outside boat must allow the inside boat room to round the mark. The rule has been changed in the ISAF 2009-2012 rulebook. It used to be that if the inside boat (the boat between one boat and a mark) had an overlap within 2 boat lengths they could call for water. Now however the rule has been changed to 3 boat lengths and you must take this into account and work out if there is an overlap or not. If there is an overlap call for water. If not make space for the outside boat to round the mark.
- Wide in and Tight out – This is a great technique to use to start beating just as you round a leeward mark. If you go slightly lower to leeward than the mark and then tighten up as you round the mark, you should end up with a little burst of speed and be higher than a boat that doesn’t do this tactic.
- Keep control of your wind! – The boat behind you when you approach a mark on a beam reach will try to go windward of you so that they take your wind and you slow down. Instead of letting them take it go windward yourself and push them higher up on the course until they decide it isn’t worth it. Remember though that reaches are faster than going up wind so you have to calculate whether or not it is worth going up wind.
These are very important tactics for mark rounding that any pro sailor will use and not tell anyone else about. Use them and see how far up the fleet you get to.
Tip Number Four: The Run
Running is the slowest point of sailing. Most dinghy classes have spinnakers or gennakers that are large sail bags that capture the wind and pull the boat forward. All serious sailors should master the techniques of using spinnakers and gennakers before reviewing this tip of the article.
- Sit backwards – This the opposite to the beat where you have to sit forwards, in the run you have to sit backwards. This is because the boat naturally pushes the bow into the water creating drag or in especially high winds capsizing the boat. Instead sit slightly backwards and allow the bow to right itself.
- Don’t go on a dead run – Dead runs slow down boats. Remember that! The worst point of sail you can be on is a dead run as there is no aerodynamics creating forces. All that is pushing the boat along is the pressure of the wind against the sail. The fastest point of sail is the broad reach as there is a force created through the aerodynamics as well as the pressure of the wind against the sail. At all times try and get on to a broad reach to go to the next mark, because it is much, much faster than a dead run or even a training run. The sails are far more efficient at broad reaches than runs.
- Take off the kicker, cunningham and out haul – Very, very important. The whole point of these ropes are to depower the sail. If they are all on at the point of sail, which is the slowest you will inadvertently be slowing and depowering the sail even further. Make sure all these ropes are hanging loose and that the sail is sufficiently powered as to move the boat. To remember whether or not you have kept them on or off, check out the speed of other boats and see if they are traveling faster or slower than you and then tweak to compensate.
The run is my favorite part of sailing, because I love sailing the spinnaker. It is also the precursor to the finish, which is usually on the beat. So to make your finished better just revise the information on beating, to give yourself and advantage over your opponents.
So that is the ultimate guide to sailing better. Review this a few more times or send it to your crew or helm so that you are both on the same wavelength. This is practically everything you need to know to improve your sailing and your racing finishing position.
On the racecourse just watch as you fly by your racing comrades and see their shocked faces and then tell them the secret by emailing them this ultimate guide to sailing and see the looks on their faces when they find out it is so simple.
Or be evil and keep it all to yourself!
I hope you have enjoyed this article as much as I have enjoyed writing it and will be continuing to think about it for the rest of the day with an excitement and apprehension that you feel as you get closer and closer to the time when you can put these tips into practice.
Have you been searching for Pick 3 lottery workout systems that actually work? Are you tired of guessing and relying on luck? Well here’s one system that you should try. It only involves simple mathematics and a bit of concentration. This system is one of the oldest. Although it doesn’t guarantee a hundred percent, it has a high percentage hit. It is called the 123 workout. Here is how it works:
o You begin by using the preceding numbers drawn from the Pick 3 lottery. Just to provide a concrete example, let us use the numbers 468. We will call it the stack number.
o Important Rule of the 123 workout: Do not carry over when adding or subtracting the numbers. Here is an example: 5 + 9 = 4 (instead of 14)
o The next step is adding +1, +2, +3 to each of the numbers. 1+4=5, 2+6=8, 3+8=1 – First Set of Numbers = 581
o Next is subtracting the -1, -1, -1 still from the stack number. 4-1=3, 6-1=5, 8-1=7 – Second Set of Numbers = 357
o Then we now add +2, +3, +5 to the stack number. 2+4=6, 3+6=9, 5+5=0 – Third Set of Numbers = 690
o List down all the numbers you came up with:
o We can now use the TTT method, otherwise known as the Tic Tac Toe method. It is called as such because it does look like a Tic Tac Toe table. Write the numbers in order on each the cells of the table. This table will now serve as your entire guide for this system unlike other Pick 3 lottery workout systems which would require some automated machine.
5 8 1
3 5 7
6 9 0
o Identify the following pattern combinations. For the pattern across, here is an illustration.
5 8 1 581
3 5 7 357
6 9 0 690
Across 581 – 357 – 690
Down 536 – 859 – 170
Diagonal 550 – 651
Diamond 839 – 879
Half Diamond 551 – 650
Corners 358 – 817 – 709 – 963
H Pattern 535 – 635 – 175 – 075
Cross 859 – 357 – 857 – 358 – 359 – 759
o Remove all the doubles and list down the combinations.
o Monitor all the numbers that come out in the following days. You will realize that one out of the 22 combinations will be the next hit. Let’s face it; it is better than having to choose from a million other combinations. Your chance of winning the next lottery is now greater having to choose from a smaller set.
Others have tried other Pick 3 lottery workout systems. Some of them are just too complicated. They would require the work of your personal computer, plus it costs much and takes time to download them. This system only requires a pen and a piece of paper. Try this method and see if the numbers really come out. What have you got to lose?
People, who like to visit several casinos most of the time, can easily be addicted to poker games. To try this game, it is very important for the players to acquire detail information on that particular poker games as well as the operational functions of the machine.
Hyper Juggler Skill Stop Slot Machine is one type of useful poker machines. It is completely genuine and quite user-friendly. Players can get adequate information on this particular slot machine through this review. This machine is moveable so that users do not get into trouble if they want to change the place.
The machine needs to extra installation and can be directly plugged in to the users’ wall without any hassle. There is a key located in the machine, by which users can easily access and control the whole slot machine in a short time.
These factory refurbished slot machines include two-year warranty period. If any machine related problem occurs in between 2 years, they do not need to worry. Company developers are always there to help the customers.
They would definitely change the machine related parts as soon as possible. Customers do not need to pay for the machine parts as well. However, this offer is not applicable for light bulbs of the machine. If they need to change the bulbs, customers have to pay the bulb cost.
Company developers have installed custom-made labels in every Hyper Juggler Skill Stop Slot Machine so that players can quickly increase and decrease the machine volume and locate the switch power.
These machines are able to receive the tokens and unable to accept the coins of the machines. High quality sound and light system are ample for this machine. They provide a well-build cabinet so that the machine can be protected and able to prevent scratches and damages.
While making these slot machines, companies have taken the inspiration from Japanese casino machines especially from Pachislo, which is an authentic slot machine, used in worldwide casinos. While gamers are playing the game, they just have to throw 1, 2, or maximum 3 coins at a time, not more than that.
This process is applicable for contemporary as well as older machine. Video screen or animated display is one of the most attractive features of the Hyper Juggler Skill Stop Slot Machine. Animation work is wonderfully present in these machines.
If players are thinking, these slot machines are unable to recreate the same casino environment in their house, they are wrong. It can definitely create the same atmosphere so that players do not need to go outside their house to try the game. This machine can add oodles of glamour to the home décor.
Apart from that, players would get unlimited fun after playing the game. After reading this review, if players are interested to buy Hyper Juggler Skill Stop Slot Machine, they are taking right decision. Hyper Juggler Skill Stop Slot Machine is perfect for them.
Alright, it is hard to stop gambling and it IS a problem! I Was a problem gambler just over four month ago, but I have stopped myself gambling and now I turned it all around and I wand to help you stop playing also and set your life on the right path again! You may not agree with me, but that is just because all gamblers never look at gambling as a problem and the ones that do always hide it and ignore it and continue to gamble their life away!
You need to understand this, Gambling IS a waste of time and most importantly a waste of YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY! Keep this in mind and remind yourself that you need to stop gambling and you have a serious gambling problem, there is no point in denying it and denial will never help you and I know because it never helped me! I always used it as an excuse that gambling is not a problem and as long as I keep going back and get my money back I will stop playing, but every time all that happens is you end up watching your bank account get lower, and lower and lower until it reaches zero and you have no where to turn! And yet you are still itching to go back and try get your money back! Ever had those thoughts and feelings ? Be honest with yourself if you want to stop gambling as this is a number one tip that will help you break the habit!
If you have too much free time on your hands after work and you have money, the gambling always seems to draw you in and the boredom is the main cause if it. I know how this all works too well! I was a fisherman and I earned a great salary, I used to get home early and have a whole day and nothing to do, so I would go to the pub and waste hundreds of dollars on slots and video poker machines! I won a few times which made it even harder to stop and even more enticing to go back! And go back I did, many many times until I went broke and had nothing in my bank! And I had a gambling problem to blame for it. So, now that I was broke and down it was a perfect time to realize that gambling was a problem and it was taking away all my money and causing me a lot of stress and disappointments!
To add to the push that made me want to stop gambling was my partner, she nearly left me because of the gambling problem so I had to think how to stop gambling problem for good! I had no money so I stepped back and turned my thinking away from gambling and decided to search for a way to make money from home on the internet and get all my lost money back and develop a new skill! I found a marketing university online and signed up to it to learn to make money from home and keep my thoughts occupied and away from gambling! I learned a lot of important concepts from this marketing university online and I started some of my own affiliate campaigns! After only a week or so I started making great money on the internet and got a large percentage of the money I lost in no time!
Ever since I found internet marketing university and started learning and keeping my mind of gambling I defeated my gambling problem and now I am becoming successful as an internet marketer and home business entrepreneur. So my final advice to you also, Finally admit it to yourself that gambling is causing you problems and you need to stop gambling for good! And try and do what I did, go and learn a new skill and occupy your mind and stop thinking about gambling, eventually once you find a place for yourself and start doing something profitable and feel successful you will never have the wants or needs to gamble again!
IPTV (Internet Protocol Television) is a method of distributing television content over broadband that enables a more customised and interactive user experience. IPTV will mean a fundamental change in viewing habits. Viewers will be able to watch what they want, when they want to. Interactive TV services will be a key differentiator for the multitude of IPTV offerings that are emerging. Interactivity via a fast two-way connection will lift IPTV ahead of today’s television.
IPTV brings together the television, internet and telephone. Much like cable or satellite television, IPTV uses a set-top box (STB) that allows viewers to watch hundreds of channels and order movies through video-on-demand (VOD). IPTV uses broadband ADSL, the same technology that delivers high-speed Internet to the computer. This opens the door to much more interactivity and the potential for thousands, as opposed to hundreds, of channels.
Find What’s On
All IPTV services will offer basic interactivity to support navigation and search of the vast amounts of content. An electronic programme guide (EPG) will allow viewers to browse the linear and on-demand content that is available.
EPGs are likely to allow viewers to look at programme listings up to two weeks in advance, and also look back over programmes from the previous seven days broadcast schedule. A powerful search facility will allow viewers to look for programmes by title, genre and keywords. Filters will allow viewers to display lists of movies, music, pay-per-view events and high definition programmes.
The EPG will be customisable by viewers, who will be able to create their own line-up of favourite channels and content. As well as full-screen layouts, EPGs will have a mini-overlay mode which will allow the viewer to keep watching the current programme while browsing the schedule.
Personal Video Recorder
Many IPTV set top boxes will incorporate a Personal Video Recorder (PVR) that will allow programmes and interactive content to be recorded. Viewers will be able to watch one programme while recording another. They’ll also be able to use interactive services or video on demand while recording in the background. While watching linear TV programming, viewers will be able to pause and rewind live television.
The PVR will be programmed via the Electronic Programme Guide. Intelligent series linking will allow programme episodes to be recorded based on preferences; first-runs, repeats, or all occurrences. Programme and movie trailers will contain interactive links that can be selected to schedule a recording. Remote scheduling of recording will also be possible using a mobile phone or the web.
With IPTV, viewers will be able to watch a lot more television at the same time. Sports fans will be able to keep an eye on six games at once, on the same screen, or study one game from multiple camera angles. Viewer involvement will be encouraged through voting, competitions and messaging services.
Interactive advertising will extend traditional linear advertising. It will allow advertisers to give product information in the form of an on-screen interactive brochure. This will re-enforce the brand messages and encourage viewer involvement with the product. It will also allow a direct element to be added to any TV campaign, with responses being captured from viewers.
The two-way nature of an IPTV connection makes it ideal for providing person-to-person communication services. Instant messaging services will allow viewers to ‘chat’ via text messages while continuing to watch TV. Video conferencing over television will allow virtual family gatherings when family members are spread across the world.
Services will be used both as stand-alone applications, and as add-ons to programming. Friends will be able to chat while watching a programme ‘together’ in different locations. Phone-in shows will be able to display callers, linked directly from their home.
IPTV will provide many feeds of news, entertainment and information. Viewers will be able to personalise their ‘feed reader’ to match their particular interests. This will then collect up-to-date information such as news headlines, sports results, share prices and travel updates in a single place.
Dating services will allow subscribers to set up a profile and find compatible ‘matches’ to communicate with. Messages will be exchanged quickly, cheaply and safely, without the security concerns of meeting in the real world.
Betting & Gaming
IPTV will offer a range of betting and gaming on demand services. These will include sports betting services, where bets are placed on both live and virtual sports. The betting will be closely linked to the TV coverage, and will include in-running betting. There will also be a range of casino style games including roulette, blackjack, slots and poker. Some of these will be stand-alone games, others will be linked to programming with either live or virtual presenters.
IPTV will enable the secure sharing of video recordings, photos and music. Users with a home network will be able to share digital content with other devices such as PCs and portable media players. IPTV will be a key component in the connected home.
Users will also be able to share content with family and friends across the Internet. Effective digital content protection with consumer flexibility will be essential for such sharing to flourish. IPTV could even allow users to have their own television channel where they could share their views, photos and videos with the rest of the world as a video podcast.
Interactive television will provide genuinely useful applications that enhance the overall user experience of IPTV. Interactive services must be seen as part of the overall infrastructure of delivering television – not just a bolt on.
To get the right interactive services to meet consumer demands will require experimentation. Content providers, broadcasters and network owners need to develop, trial, refine and roll-out interactive services. A lot has been learnt over the past ten years about interactive TV. This knowledge can help inform the design of interactive services for IPTV.
If your birth date falls between January 21st and February 19th, you were born under the Astrology sign of Aquarius the Water Bearer. People born under this sign tend to know their basic Horoscope. But most of them don’t know that certain days of every month are extra lucky for them just because they were born an Aquarius. Read on and learn when these days are, and how you can know which hours each day are luckiest for you.
The Water Bearer and the Moon
If you were born under Aquarius, one particular phase of the Moon will bring you extra good fortune. This period corresponds with how far into the Aquarius date range you were born. For example, if you were born between January 21st and January 28th, you will be more fortunate during the days of the new Moon. If born between January 29th and February 6th, you will have more luck during the days when the moon is in it’s second quarter. If you were born between February 7th and February 14th, you will be luckier during the time of the full Moon. And lastly, if you were born in the last phase of Aquarius between February 15th and February 19th, you will be more fortunate during the days when the moon is in it’s fourth quarter.
Aquarius Lucky Days from Numerology
Two numbers are needed to find Aquarius lucky days for each month: the sign’s celestial number, which is an (8), and the Numerology value of the sign’s ruling planet, Uranus, which happens to be a (4). Adding these two numbers together gives us the sum of (12), which is then reduced to a single digit using fadic addition. That single digit is a (3). The number (3) is therefore especially lucky for persons born under Aquarius, and makes those days of the month who’s day value also reduces to a (3) days of good fortune for them. These lucky days are the 3rd, 12th, 21st, and the 30th of each month. And since three is a number of good fortune for Aquarians, they should always try to play this number in games of chance. The casino game of Blackjack, with its winning total of (21), a value which reduces to three, is almost always lucky for these people.
Lucky Hours for the Water Bearers
As stated above, the ruling planet for Aquarius is Uranus. People born under the sign of Aquarius will tend to be luckiest each day when the planet Uranus rules the sky. To determine which hours fall in this category, use the table below, and remember that the first hour of each day begins at sunrise.
Sunday: Water bearers have their strongest luck during the 3rd, 10th, 17th, and 24th hours past sunrise.
Monday: Water bearers have their strongest luck during the 7th, 14th, and 21st hours past sunrise.
Tuesday:Water bearers have their strongest luck during the 4th, 11th, and 18th hours past sunrise.
Wednesday: Water bearers have their strongest luck during the 5th, 12th, and 19th hours past sunrise.
Thursday: Water bearers have their strongest luck during the 2nd, 9th, 16th, and 23rd hours past sunrise.
Friday: Water bearers have their strongest luck during the 6th, 13th, and 20th hours past sunrise.
Saturday: Water bearers have their strongest luck during the 1st, 8th, 15th, and 22nd hours past sunrise.
Choosing a Partner for Aquarius
To bring good fortune when working in a partnership, Aquarians should pick a person who has a sign complimentary to their own. People born under Aquarius, Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, and Sagittarius will all make excellent partners for Aquarians.
An ID card scanner is an electronic device that reads the data stored on a driver’s license data stripe and displays it on a screen. Many can also scan state IDs and military IDs. An ID scanner clearly displays the age of the customer and makes it easy for a bouncer, bartender or clerk to verify that the customer is old enough to purchase age regulated products like tobacco or alcohol. ID card scanners are commonly used in bars, nightclubs, liquor stores, casinos, police enforcement, and convenience stores.
There are many makes and models of ID scanners. Generally, ID scanners are either handheld or countertop devices. They are usually about 10″ x 5″ x 3″ in size. An ID card scanner will have a barcode reader, a magnetic stripe reader, or both. Machines that have both types of scanners will have two separate devices for reading each type of code. An ID scanner will have some type of visual display like a small screen. Some scanners have small keypads or touch-screens to input data and control the device.
Barcode Readers Barcodes are machine-readable codes in a pattern of parallel lines of varying widths. They can also appear as a rectangle of of randomly placed black shapes. This is called a 2D barcode and is used in approximately 40 states use in North America. A barcode reader on an ID card scanner will either be a slot where the ID is inserted and removed (dipped), or a “point-and-shoot” infrared scanner (like a UPC reader at the grocery store) that beams a red light at the barcode. The best ID card scanners, in terms of speed and readability, have a slot-reader for barcodes. These are more expensive to produce, but they allow for a perfect reading of the barcode on each use. Point-and-shoot bar code readers scanners often have difficulty focusing on the barcode long enough to get a reading before the card moves. They also must contend with orientation of the license, surface reflectivity and ambient light conditions. Most manufactures address these issues by using a countertop mounted scanner and a target area to position the 2D bar code before scanning. This works in a fixed location environment but is impractical in mobile / handheld applications. Many discount manufacturers of inferior ID scanning products contain this type of cheap barcode reader. In short, point-and-shoot ID scanners are impractical because it is difficult to hold an ID card and the scanner steady for enough time to get a reading.
Magnetic Stripe Readers Magnetic stripes are a black band about 1/2″ wide that stretches across the entire length of an ID card. A magnetic stripe reader on an ID card scanner looks like a 1/8″ wide slot. To read a magnetic stripe ID, the magnetic stripe is swiped through the slot. This is same way that credit cards are read.
Operation An ID scanner should be very easy to operate. For fast and simple operation there should be no buttons to press to switch between the barcode scanner and magnetic stripe scanner. There also should be no buttons to press to reset the device between scans. It should take no more than 0.5 – 2 seconds from dipping or swiping the card before the data is displayed on the screen.
The typical ID scanning procedure is as follows:
(1) power on the ID card scanner;
(2) dip or swipe the ID through the barcode or magnetic stripe reader, or carefully align the barcode under a point-and-shoot scanner;
(3) the information from the card is displayed on the screen;
(4) a visual or auditory alarm is shown if the ID is underage or expired;
(5) the operator compares the data shown on the card reader to the data printed on the card to make sure everything matches;
(6) the operator returns the ID to the customer; and
(7) the machine resets to a ready-state, automatically on well-designed machines and manually on poorly-designed machines.
Some machines require a telephone or Internet connection in order to operate.
Advanced Functions High-tech ID card scanners retain a record of all IDs that are scanned. This can be useful to provide evidence that a particular ID was checked, to analyze customer demographics or to build a customer mailing list. Scan history can either be viewed directly on the machine or downloaded to a computer spreadsheet. Some manufacturers charge a fee for downloading scan history to a computer. Please check with a manufacturer before purchasing an ID scanner to ensure that scan history is easily accessed.
An ID scanner should be easy to operate. Look for positive user reviews of an ID scanning product before you buy.